The Brand Manager (BM) will be assigned to a/couple of segment/s and lead the segment/s and act an engine for driving her/his segment/s. The position is able to understand the marketplace, identify market trends and growth opportunities, diagnose customer needs and behaviors, predict likely competitive dynamics, analyze the economics of the business, and design and execute the brand strategy for the segment/s. For the purpose, the position drives and implements these marketing activities by executing high cross functional interaction with our internal/external stakeholders. Having strong project management skills, capability for mass communication (+360) development, strategic thinking, logical thinking, well-balanced business mind-set, and passion for brand marketing are essential.
- Conduct market and product opportunity assessment, strategy formulation and valuation for growth opportunities/sales improvement strategies for segment in charge
- Ensure day-to-day marketing strategy activities to effectively support strategic choice development and revenue objectives
- Collaborate across all Divisions/Region/Group including CHQ to identify and leverage best practices. Create out of the box idea and create a pipeline for a NPD
- Implement marketing strategy processes and sharing knowledge about those processes internally/externally
- Contribute to various other strategic, competitive, or market analysis projects
- Drive a pricing strategy for your category with corporation with other departments to put the brand on the competitive advantage
- Effectively communicate with our global/regional counterparts. Built up a solid communication channel/relationship with our brand agencies and suppliers (ATL/BTL)
Bachelors or above
Related work experience in a marketing function with a consumer goods company. (5 years and above)
- Language: English (Business level), Japanese (Native level)
- Deeply understand 4P & 5C and can apply those concepts into a game plan.
- Analytical skills (including understanding of business economics and financial measures).
- Proven ability to operate in a matrix environment and work effectively with various stakeholders.
- Proven ability to set tactical and operational direction for the product line.
- Proven ability to determine product positioning and key promotional elements for product line.
- Ability to plan and manage projects within budget and on schedule.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships with internal and external customers and directly influencing business objectives.
- Thorough understanding of overall market analysis, planning, development and management.
- Strong technical, as well as conceptual aptitude.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks while adhering to specified deadlines.
- High degree of initiative with proactive attitude and self motivation with a strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems with minimal direction and make decisions with confidence.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
About the Company
Every day, in everything we do, our purpose is to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world. And we have a fight on our hands. A fight to make access to the highest quality hygiene, wellness and nourishment a right and not a privilege.
Each of our products is designed to do exactly this. Our well-loved brands have been making a difference to people’s daily lives around the world for more than 200 years. Brands including: Durex, Dettol, Enfamil, Nurofen, Strepsils, Gaviscon, Mucinex, Nutramigen, Lysol, Harpic, Cillit Bang, Finish and Vanish.