¥6,500,000 - 12,000,000
In this position, you will be responsible for the interaction design of a BtoC mobile application for supporting students' club activities in universities all over Japan as well as the design of a desktop dashboard for clients who want to contact students from a recruitment perspective.
Interaction designers in this company maximize user experience and benefits through the design of optimal interactions with understanding the context of users.
Experience: Senior or above
Visa sponsorship: Yes
Interviews: All online
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Collaborate with product managers and tech leads to develop key user stories
- Build prototypes and validate customer needs and user experience
- Create wireframes to bring user stories to life together with low-fidelity prototypes as needed
- Create high-fidelity user interfaces that are consistent with existing design styles
- Work with product managers to monitor usage, evaluate and improve the impact of implemented features and their design
- Collaborate with product managers and tech leads to define the ideal three-year service vision and the corresponding product roadmap
- Beyond the app, explore best practices and subsequently implement them at the organizational level
- 5+ years of experience in mobile application design or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in web application design or equivalent experience
- An understanding of design guidelines such as Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design.
- Business-level Japanese language ability
- Conversational-level English language ability
- University-level education in Interface Design, Human-Computer-Interaction, Graphic Design, Communication Design, or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand business requirements and constraints in detail and reflect them in design
- Experience in improving product value through continuous implementation of data-informed, strategic design ideas
- Excellent all-around communication skills in order to conduct team meetings, interact with clients providing updates and guidance as needed
- Expertise with UI design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar tooling
- A process-driven portfolio that demonstrates the experience requested here
- For those in Japan, you must have a working visa valid for more than six months
About the Company
We are developing web-based HR products, cross-industry AI, IoT, Robotics, Cloud & Big Data solutions to surpass Customer business objectives and exceed customer expectations. Today, we already work in a range of industries such as Human Resources, Hospitality, Education, Health Care, Warehousing & Inventory, and Health & Fitness.
We focus on developing new products in the field of Web/AI/Machine Learning/IoT/Cloud/Big Data both for existing & new customers, as well as R&D towards future product development. We are collating a diverse range of Intellectual Property (IP) - skills, experience, and proprietary technology artifacts that can be leveraged to build out best-in-class technical services & products.
Today, we are primarily focused on Business to Business (B2B) opportunities but are receptive to delivering Business to Customer (B2C) solutions based on Intellectual Property (IP) and market opportunities.
What You Can Expect from Us
At Scoville, we value the importance of our employees' healthy work-life balance and a diverse multicultural environment. The following benefits are available:
- ¥6.5 - 12 million/year (negotiable based on experience)
- 10+ paid days off per year
- Flexible work hours, opportunity to work remotely
- Social and health insurance
- Commuting subsidy and work equipment provided
- An international team of talented and engaged creators who will value your input
- Visa sponsorship (after a 6-month trial period)
- Weekly 1 hour 1-1 Japanese language lesson (for foreigners)
- Weekly 1 hour 1-1 English language lesson (for Japanese nationals)