You will join the news experience team to create leading products and evolve existing features for the JP market. You will advocate for users, influence teams and create meaningful end-to-end experience globally.
You will have high product ownership, work in a highly collaborative, and rapidly growing environment. You will also work closely with a multidisciplinary team such as user researcher, design foundation team, illustrators, data scientist and design ops.
The ideal candidate is able to approach problems holistically and create a simple solution with a keen eye for subtle details.
- Creating aesthetic, simple, delightful design solutions to complex problems.
- Build user-centric products and own product experience from initial concept to product launch.
- Polishing visuals, interactions, and holistic experience based on user behavior.
- Shaping cohesive, inclusive, Industry leading user experiences and contributing it to the design system globally.
- Reviewing features implemented by engineering and providing guidance to ensure pixel-perfect experience.
- Partnerships - Collaborate with cross-functional partner teams to develop industry leading product solutions for news media
- Communications - Share and present concepts, designs, ideations, prototypes and design decisions to a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Focus - Execute on the scope and complexity of product work while building on the integrity of the design principles and user needs
- A portfolio of design projects that demonstrates interaction design, visual design, and problem solving.
- Experience designing end-to-end solutions with a strong user-centric approach.
- Experience in conducting user research and user tests independently.
- Passionate about polishing design details with strong visual and interaction design skills.
- Familiar work with and contributes to the design system. A deep understanding of iOS and Android design guidelines.
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale within a user-centered design process.
- Ability to provide clear, honest and objective feedback to make your partners and peers better.
- Open-minded and capable of embracing feedback from others to improve your designs and process
- Experience in infographic design, dashboard design, information architecture design.
- Experience in establishing a visual guide or design system.
- Experience in micro interaction and animation.
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
News can change the world, save lives, and bring us all closer together through empathy and understanding—but not if no one reads it. Out of the hundreds of millions of articles and posts published, how do we deliver the information that matters the most?
Founded in 2012 in Tokyo, SmartNews is a leading global information and news discovery company dedicated to delivering quality information to the people who need it. We provide news that matters to millions of users thanks to our unique machine learning technology and relationships with over 3,000 global publisher partners. Our SmartNews app, available on iOS and Android, is currently used in over 150 countries worldwide.
But we’re only just getting started, and that’s why we need someone like you.
If you’re looking for a company that’s small enough so that your contributions have a visible impact on the company and product but large enough to have you tackling exciting and challenging problems, then SmartNews is the place for you. Join us and wake up every day energized, knowing that you’re delivering the news people need.