10,000,000 - 20,000,000 JPY
Do you have a passion for social impact? If yes, Socious Inc. is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the team. We are looking for an experienced UI/UX designer who is curious, driven, and passionate about social impact. If you are looking for a role where you can make a major impact in the world, we want to meet you.
Socious is a community app for social change makers with a mission to accelerate social change by bringing people together. Many people are interested in contributing to social impact projects, but few of them can do so. We leverage this untapped potential by helping them contribute to society in an easy, fun way through a purpose-driven community app, AI recommendations, and blockchain-based community currency.
We started Socious in July 2021, so as an early employee you’ll be pivotal in shaping the direction of the company. We have enough runway to last us through the end of 2022, and are about to close a seed round to allow us to accelerate even faster.
You’ll be able to work fully remotely, though we'll meet up in person several times per year, so we're looking for someone living in Japan. If you aren't here yet, that's fine: you’ll be able to work remotely until we help you secure a working visa.
We communicate in English, and so no Japanese ability is required, though there will be opportunities to use Japanese if you’d like to.
We’ve built a prototype version of our app using a combination of part-time freelance developers and offshore developers. As we secure funding, we’re now looking to bring on our first full time designer.
In this role, you’ll work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business goals and ensure that the design team & tools used are aligned with these. As we grow, you’ll have the opportunity to move into a Chief Design Officer role in the future.
- Lead and mentor a team of designers.
- Deliver on all aspects of UI/UX design, from strategy to execution.
- Translate user needs, business goals, and technology requirements to drive design decisions.
- Partner with and influence executive stakeholders.
- Build a user-centric vision for features across different devices including iOS, Android, and desktop.
- 10+ years of industry experience (or equivalent skills) as a UI/UX designer and/or manager in a cross-functional UI/UX team.
- Experience in architecting system wide design solutions that satisfy both product and engineering requirements.
- Experience in full product life cycle from design through deployment.
Socious is a community app for social change with a mission to accelerate social change by bringing people together.
Socious helps anyone who has a passion for social change contribute their time to social impact projects in an easy, fun and fulfilling way.
Socious helps them connect with like-minded people and effortlessly join social impact projects. You can learn new skills and build your portfolio while contributing to a social cause.
In the future, we will offer blockchain-based tokens when you contribute your time to social impact projects. These tokens can be exchanged for socially conscious products and experiences within the community.