The product manager will be responsible for one of our products, either a business application with a specific use case or the Tailor core platform that serves as the common foundation for the application. and...
- Act as "CEO of the product" in our products' planning, development, and operation, managing the product by integrating technology, UX, and business.
- Collaborate with the CEO, CTO, Tech Lead, engineers, and UX designers to define product and microservice requirements, as well as take responsibility for the overall development project
- Anticipate potential risks and resolve them with the help of project members to keep the project running smoothly.
- Improve organization and processes in terms of product management to create a cycle of planning good products → developing and releasing → learning from clients' feedback → planning better products
- Experience in driving product development
- Skills to set priorities for product development
- Great communication skills when involving and motivating stakeholders
- Japanese language business skill (JLPT N2)
- Coding as a software engineer experience
- Leading new business, project launches, etc. experience
- Experience in agile development and understanding of software development cycles
- Project progression skills with microservices architecture
- B2B software (package, SaaS) development experience
- Product development skills involving external vendors and partners
- Designing and developing data models and Web APIs skills
- Customer journey mapping, UX design, and product design and development from the customer's perspective skills
- Discovering and analyzing customer issues (data analysis, user interviews, etc.) skills
- Japanese language skills (JLPT N1)
- Strong sympathy with Tailor's mission and values.
- Passion about making an impact on society through products.
- Good sense of ownership and taking initiative.
- Ability and flexibility to work in a fast paced, fast changing startup environment.
- Proactiveness in taking communication with all stakeholders when promoting the product.
- Ability to discuss with both, business and engineering members in an open and frank manner.
*Internal evaluation criteria: G3 or above is expected.
Tailor's backend platform helps companies build internal tools 10 times faster. It's also a rare Y Combinator-backed Japanese startup — the first in over 15 years.
Founded in the year 2021, Tailor is developing a headless ERP platform. It enables users to build core systems ("ERP") to support the operations of large companies.
As a product-driven company, they want to democratize the creation of products to improve people's work and lives. They do this by providing a platform for building business systems that helps businesses save valuable technical resources.
Tailor is a 0 to 1 fractional elite team with just over 10 members. They respect each member's personality, strengths, and expertise by entrusting them with a great deal of discretion and constructive feedback to form a group of highly competent, professional team members.