This is a newly created role for the Thales Japan business With the purpose of the role to provide the over-arching functional leadership to the Bid and Project Management team delivering projects in Optronics and Missile Electronics. The role is required to ensure that best practices in Bid and Project Management is used in the delivery and development of people, processes and tools.
- Ensure the Business has robust Project governance in the Delivery phases including Commitment Control and Project Reviews
- Ensure clear visibility of the status of each Project to the management (budget/cost, schedule, risk, resources)
- Maintain excellent customer relationships
- Be accountable on a functional basis for the delivery of successful Projects to the business and operations management teams.
- Oversee collaboration among stakeholders: influencing, negotiating and communicate
- Drive the Strategic Capability Planning for Programme Management
- Robust leadership, coaching and mentoring to build team confidence, competence and talent
- Evaluate project delivery strategies and play a leading role in assessing and mitigating risk and maximising opportunity.
- Drive and action support to critical projects
- Liaise closely with head of BIDS managers to ensure follow up of recurring BIDS.
- Extensive project management experience in Defense industry. The ability to lead the OME B&PM management community.
- Experience developing effective strategies to ensure the deployment of interventions for the provision of an excellent OME B&PM capability.
- The ability to form effective working relationships across the CBU and across the Country and Global B&PM communities.
- Excellentc interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills in English and Japanese.
- Japanese nationality is a must for this position, due to the nature of Defense business
- Experience of leading a function in a complex business-management context
- Extensive knowledge of the full business lifecycle management, including capture and qualification.
- Extensive stakeholder management capability.
About the Company
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales Japan has been present in Japan for more than 40 years and has been responsible for expanding our business as well as supporting the local users. Thales objectives are to be an active and recognised partner for the development of infrastructure in Japan and to cooperate with Japanese companies in the export market for defence, transportation, aerospace, space and security.