6,832,206 JPY on average (est)
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories to life through global product assortments and services featuring characters from Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Media Networks, and Interactive Media. This includes a broad assortment of merchandise ranging from toys, apparel, electronics and books to movies, music, interactive games, food, home décor and fine art.
We are seeking an experienced Creative Director for Asia Pacific to lead in creative design direction building and vision for our brands and franchises. The Creative Design Director will lead a team of 10+ Designers located throughout the Asia Pacific region. The Director will be responsible for leading the Asia Pacific vision and creative development for the Disney, Pixar, Walt Disney Studios, and Lucasfilm brands.
- Reporting directly to the VP Creative, you will be responsible for leading the APAC Creative team to strategize creative plans and creative visions
- Drive creative asset development based on brand strategy to deliver timely, storytelling visual assets, in graphic designs, 3D designs, inspirational concepts for licensing and O&O product development
- Lead in style guide development for APAC for Disney, Pixar, WDAS and Lucasfilm properties
- Lead for APAC creative development across Licensing and Owned and Operated needs
- Define creative trends in partnership with Brand Commercialization and Product Development teams
- Collaborate with Global Creative teams to provide APAC insight and creative solutions
- A minimum of 12 years working experience in Visual Art Design, Product Design or Fashion Textile Design industry with focus on Graphic design
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in a management leadership role
- Ability to lead a culturally and geographically diverse team
- Ability to work independently and lead design projects and team
- Passion for the portfolio of TWDC brands
- High level of enthusiasm and be an inspirational advocate for creative excellence
- Easily builds relationships with cross functional partners
Key Skills Requirements
- Strong presentational skills
- Strong communication skills and sensitivity to cross cultural conversations and focuses
- Strong project management and operational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, basic verbal communication skills in Japanese
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task
- Adaptable in a fast paced, high growth work multi-cultural environment
- Proficient in various presentational (Microsoft Office, Keynote…etc.) and professional design (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effect…etc.) software
About the Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC (Japan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.