You will be responsible for managing Toluna's market research projects. This includes the overall responsibility to manage and perform service activities involving project planning, project management, communication with client and crisis management.
The key objectives will be
- Take full responsibility on projects assigned
- Meeting the timeline expectations while maintaining our high-quality standards
- Ensuring smooth running and timely delivery of all projects originating from the respective office
- Taking responsibility in supporting the team members in difficult project situations
- Actively making proposals to improve the existing processes, tools and products
- Manage research projects of different levels of complexity
- Manage multiple workloads successfully by planning and prioritizing projects
- Proactively plan suggest and agree project deadlines with client
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of questionnaire design and able to use a consultative approach to suggest alternatives to client
- Become the champion for our key sample only client. Advocate for operational excellence on agreed client service performance and quality standards across internal functions from sales to fieldwork management
- Liaise effectively with other departments/partners to plan his/her workload
- Write comprehensive and self-explanatory briefing notes for scripters and check the most complex scripts
- Offer services to act as back up to other project managers if they need assistance
- Demonstrate good and effective and prompt communication with clients
- Ensure clients project needs are met and exceeded where possible
- Act as a source of advice on project feasibility
- Manage complex multi country studies
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Toluna and the services it operates and its competitors
- Reporting to Toluna Japan Director and Team Leader
- Prior work experience in related role or industry, 2+ years in Japan
- Basic experience with online project management process: survey questionnaire review and consultation, quality checking survey links, managing FS fieldwork and conducting data quality checks prior to delivery
- Advanced experience, including complex programmed jobs, scripting and fielding for mobile, digital tracking, online qualitative and offline data collection are a plus.
- Good timeline management
- Excellent client communications skills (prompt, complete answers, awareness of client side POV). Clear timeline communications, proactive issue identification
- Able to propose alternative solutions for achieving project goals
- Effective at communicating with remotely located project team members in English (programming, data processing, fieldwork, support teams and other Project managers)
- Fluency in Japanese for Japanese client communications, both verbal and written
- Team focused – Can Do Attitude
About the Company
Toluna is a technology company that delivers real-time insights at the speed of the on-demand economy. We do what no other insights company can. We combine innovative technology, award-winning research design, vertical expertise and a panel of over 43+ million consumers.
What does this mean for you? It means you can get more research done in less time with less budget. It means you can design a research program that meets your needs, whether that’s self-service or full consultancy. It means you can trust your insights because quality is baked into every part of our process. And it means you can do it at scale.
Integrity and respect. We treat our colleagues, clients and partners how we want to be treated.
Success in unity. We deliver results by working as a team with common goals.
Smart decisions in action. We implement plans without delay and stay nimble to change on demand.
Make it simple. We simplify complexity, making the complex easy to understand.
Be bold. We welcome big and small ideas that challenge and inspire us to change.
Delight customers. We work tirelessly to exceed expectations, turning satisfaction into delight.
Reward great work. We believe performance is the reason for advancement. Do good work and good things come.
What we offer
At Toluna you will find an exciting and multicultural place to work. We employ the best and the brightest in our industry and we are always looking for rising stars to join our team.
We are proud of our staff members and we offer competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
"Toluna is an equal opportunities employer. We commit to keeping Toluna an inclusive, respectful, equal and diverse workplace. One small way we’re focused on moving ourselves – and the world- forward.
With +40 million influencers across the globe, we look like you do, like the world does: made up of every ethnicity, social background, sexual orientation, religion, gender, age or ability."