Main Purpose of the Role
- Work within a collaborative team to support the project leads and build your skills to manage projects successfully under the Turner & Townsend way of operating. Exposure to end to end service delivery, across project initiation, design, permitting, construction and completion.
- In the role there will be direct interface with the client’s team, working within our structure approach to ensure that client’s objectives are met, projects are delivered on time, within budget and the appropriate quality standards.
Supporting an implementation programme for multi-residential projects. A fast paced environment where planning and governance are key to success. Responding to quick turn arounds on project activations, working with design consultants and contractors to rollout accurate, cost effective renovations. Contributing to the overall development pipeline to meet the client teams objectvies.
Within our organisation, Project Managers will have the opportunity to work across a number of commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project.
- Proving advise at a strategic level from the project conception stage, and advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Ideally professionally qualified in one of the following fields: construction, project management, engineering, surveying, architecture
KEY EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- >5 years experience in the residential sector, preferably in Project Management related capacity.
- Japanese language is essential for this role.
Bi-Lingual (a good command / working knowledge in spoken and written English is not required)
- An understanding of how a project is progresses through the total life cycle, from dealing with project set up at conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of the construction industry, procurement procedures/options, design management, vendor management
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn within our organization, working within a team to deliver a project
- Project Management experience in Residential developments projects
- Good knowledge and experience gained within the residential sector
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
The following attitudes and behaviours are essential:
- Judgement and Integrity – Understanding the right course of action with respect to tough decisions and implementing the actions for a successful outcome
- Passion, Drive and Decisiveness – Passionate about own success and the success of Turner & Townsend in equal measure combined with a decisive approach which maintains focus even in difficult circumstances in order to achieve standards of excellence
- Motivating Others – Motivating and inspiring people by building strong relationships with clients and members of the cross functional team
- Customer Focus – Building a high degree of trust with the client and stakeholders and helping to shape the service standards the team must adhere to in order to maximise the client’s investment and ensure it achieves all of its objectives
- Delivering High Performance – Projects are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget.
- Communicating and Influencing – Communicating and influencing your project, both internally and externally, often on a 1 to many basis
About the Company
All over the world people are using buildings, infrastructure, and assets we helped to deliver. It could be the hospital they work in, the railway they travel on every day, the fuel that powers their car or the data centre they depend on at work. For more than 75 years we’ve been helping to deliver transformational programmes across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors, making a difference to people’s lives and ensuring a return on investment for our clients and their investors.
Transforming performance for a green, inclusive, and productive world.
The world is changing and we have a responsibility to support that change, helping drive it and be part of it. Through the commitment, capability and care our team brings, we build trust between clients, suppliers, governments and society. Delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world around us. We work smarter to face the challenges of the future; bringing the clarity that helps teams realise their full potential across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 75 years.
Love a challenge: We love a challenge and we work hard to make change happen and see things through. We don’t stand still, challenging ourselves and others to do better every day. And we are trusted to do the right thing, raising standards all the time.
Stronger together: We’re stronger together by connecting people in diverse teams, so that we can all collaborate to deliver our best work. We focus on what matters and use our influence to build a better world for everyone.
Bring out the best in everyone: We bring out the best in everyone. We help each other to make the most of our potential, always learning from our experience. We treat each other with care and respect and make time to give everyone a voice.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.