450,207 JPY on average (est)
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL Solutions stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve
UL Solutions enjoys great momentum with a quickly growing Sustainability /ESG software customer base in Japan. We are now looking to strengthen our Professional Services team in Japan with an experienced Project Manager (Software Implementation, ESG). The project manager will provide outstanding leadership and oversight for a portfolio of customer software implementation projects in Japan and across the Asia Pacific region and work with our delivery teams both in country and across the globe. Implementation and expansion projects include delivery of our award winning highly configurable UL360 software (SaaS) solutions.
- Responsible for managing a project portfolio with implementation projects of varying sizes including large and complex projects.
- Plans the overall project and monitors the progress; performs daily project management throughout the program life cycle and reports status.
- Requests, manages and utilizes required resources.
- Aligns the deliverables (outputs) to the project’s “outcome”.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and employee experience with the project delivery.
- Manages the project risks, actions, issues, dependencies and escalates as appropriate.
- Acts as front-line contact on everything project related.
- Provides overall leadership and support to project team members.
- Directly manages activities of professional services team members and also collaborates with and coordinates relevant activities across other UL departments as required for the successful project implementation. This might be e.g. Product Management, Development, Advisory, Finance and other UL departments.
- Manages stakeholders’ communication internally and externally.
- Adheres to program and project governance (controls). May have input into defining the project governance (controls)
- Manages the project’s budget and financial performance including forecasting and milestone invoicing.
- Ensures contracted scope is delivered, quality is controlled, strict change control is applied and avoids scope creep.
- Ensure any lessons learned are recorded, managed and shared and for project closure the project is properly handed over to the Support team.
- Supports Sales activities from a delivery/project management perspective.
- Provides input into scoping activities.
- Leads customer meetings and calls as and when required in support of larger implementation project, ensuring a professional image at all times
- Provides input and actively contributes towards continuous improvements towards our Project Management practices, and manages special projects and initiatives as assigned.
For more information about the UL360 SaaS software, go to: https://www.ul.com/resources/apps/360-sustainability
What makes you a great fit
- Fluent English and Japanese is essential.
- Previous customer facing experience managing Software implementation/System Integration/IT projects.
- Background or proven keen interest in ESG, Sustainability. Especially around relevant data management & reporting (e.g. GHG, SASB, GRI, CDP, CRSD, TCFD) at enterprise level and/or through the supply chain.
- Effective communicator (written and verbal) with good interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization; our customers are well known large corporations typically operating globally. Good negotiator.
- Proven focus on customer experience while ensuring high employee experience and financial success.
- Proven ability to identify and manage risks effectively.
- Both detail oriented and keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Familiarity with web-based applications and software implementation/configuration
- Experience working to effectively troubleshoot, and problem solve. This includes being able to work independently to analyse the situation, identify obstacles, obtain key pieces of information, and apply knowledge gained to rectify situations and gain mutual resolution
- Proactive with a drive to learn and improve.
What you’ll experience working at UL
- Mission: For UL Solutions, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for over 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL Solutions employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL Solutions. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Friendly environment and collaborative colleagues
- Casual dress code
- Training and Development (Internal and External)
About the Company
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security, and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers’ product innovation and business growth.
The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers’ products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission. We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains, and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future.
We believe in the possibility and promise of innovation, and we have spent more than a century enabling it to be safely adopted. From the adoption of electrification to the enablement of 5G and new mobility, we collectively look toward new frontiers, working for a safer world. Our science is your advantage.