We’re looking for a product, UI/UX, and/or visual media designer to join Zhanna, our Head of Design. They will work closely with our Dev team (Michael, Paul, Karan) and our business team (Alex, Kazi, Ilana, Sarah, Ja'dan, Monica, Nick) to translate ideas into designs. We're looking for someone who can work independently and is excited about being on the ground level of a rapidly scaling start-up.
- Work with Zhanna on the UI / UX of the Upstream app and website and collaborate with developers and product manager
- Produce visual media to support the company’s business and social efforts
- Communicate ideas through wireframes, mockups, prototypes, flows, etc.
- Design marketing materials as needed: decks, one-pagers, social media graphics
- Develop and elevate Upstream's overall brand identity and tone
- 2+ years experience designing on the web, mobile apps, and/or other media (full-time experience not needed if you have been doing this in your side hustle!)
- Strong portfolio showing a range of work across UI/UX and other design media
- High level of visual design skills and execution of design principles
- Competent in designing for multiple platforms (web, mobile) with feature parity while maintaining brand identity
- Excited and energized to build from scratch
- Ability to run with and completely own design projects
- Coding experience a plus
Upstream is building the future community tools for the future’s equitable, transparent, and decentralized communities. Our most recent product, Upstream Collectives, is a DAO-in-a-box, a full-stack, no-code platform to start and manage a DAO.