To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Art Director | アートディレクター who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
- Manage a team or teams of Junior and Senior Artists of various ranks on a wide spectrum of projects including AAA, VR/AR, Mobile titles.
- Manage communication with the team and clients on artistic and technical matters.
- Establish and or improve Art production pipeline in coordination with other disciplines and clients.
- Eagle eye QC at ensuring deliverables are of expectant artistic and technical standards.
- Effective writer and speaker at briefing, critiquing, discussion, reportage and problem solving.
- Instilling best practices in the team through mentoring and experience sharing.
- Advocating game-developer mind-set in the team beyond mastery of artistic and technical subjects.
- Fostering positivity and team spirit for building up a strongly bound and cohesive team.
- Identifying and nurturing new or sprouting talents, participating in recruitment and planning for expansion and personnel career growth.
- Bachelor degree in Arts, Graphic Design or related major preferred but outstanding portfolios and a proven industry record will also be considered.
- Excellent experience in one or more mainstream 3D packages (Maya, 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, etc.) and well versed in creating and optimizing art pipelines.
- Strong aptitude in multiple traditional artistic disciplines to complement directorial credibility.
- Highly organized individual with experience in managing teams of creative minds and effective at collaborating with other disciplines.
- Passionate about game development and exercises game sensibility when making artistic decisions.
- Persuasive leadership at enforcing directive and in steering the team to achieving expectant standards.
- In sync with current demands and with the foresight into future trends and emerging technologies.
- At least 10 years’ experience with various game styles including AAA titles across major platforms and a proven project completion record.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Senior Artist, Lead Artist or Art Team Leader and a proven record of supervising a team to greater competency and efficiency.
- Japanese/English professional proficiency required.
About the Company
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading global video game development company headquartered in Singapore with studios across Asia, Europe, and North America. With over 3,500 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and art production for AAA consoles, PC, and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenues and achieve greater operational efficiency.
For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high-quality content for more than 2,000 projects and its clients include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. More information at www.virtuosgames.com.