To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Game Design Director | ゲーム・デザイン・ディレクター who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
- Work with the Senior Design Manager to manage the Design Department.
- Collaborate with the Executive Production team on setting up new projects.
- Assign designers on projects, according to the project’s specificities.
- Support producers to set up design process on their projects.
- Support design leads all along the project to achieve quality and maintain good working conditions.
- Review deliveries to clients and improve when necessary. The Design Manager may be asked to punctually work low level.
- Review project’s quality and design team’s performance; report to the Production team.
- Evaluate designers’ performances and give them personal objectives to improve their performance.
- Organize training, best practices, instructions and other material to grow designers.
- Collaborate with HR to recruit new designers.
- At least 10 years in the Game Industry, in a design position.
- All-around designer: has worked on systems, levels, with some experience in UI.
- Basic art and code knowledge is a plus.
- Must have shipped at least 2 titles as a lead designer.
- Strong creative skills, can generate efficient ideas and communicate them.
- Excellent communication skills, can listen, filter, summarize and explain to persons of various experience levels and cultures.
- Strong organization skills, in particular time management.
- Excellent leadership, team building and mentorship skills necessary.
- Interest in Human Relations responsibilities and skills.
- International experience a plus.
- Proven track record with Japanese developers/publishers and extensive knowledge of the Japanese market is required.
- Japanese/English professional proficiency required.
About the Company
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading global video game development company headquartered in Singapore with studios across Asia, Europe, and North America. With over 3,500 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and art production for AAA consoles, PC, and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenues and achieve greater operational efficiency.
For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high-quality content for more than 2,000 projects and its clients include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. More information at www.virtuosgames.com.