You will creatively direct day-to-day design, working alongside the product managers and working with a team of talented and motivated engineers. In addition, you will work with all stakeholders to understand our prospective and current members, conduct usability evaluations, and recommend world-class product solutions based on real-world user feedback.
This role is expected to comfortably design individually and collaborate deeply with product managers and developers to create compelling product prototypes, polished interfaces, and ready-to-build designs to hand off to engineering while leading visual design and final production design.
The person in this role will take a leading responsibility in brainstorming, ideation sessions, research, communication, and team culture. In these sessions, you will be expected to advocate for the user and guide best-in-class design and user experience principles.
While you all focus on your business area, you will also work together to mentor and grow our team, maintain high design standards, and be ambassadors for digital design within the company.
We thrive in our work-hard, play-hard culture. First, we get serious things done. Then we have fun and celebrate success. If this describes where you want to work, you’ll fit right into our team.
- Establish visual creative direction for digital products in Japan.
- Ship world-class interfaces.
- Design wireframes, prototypes, interaction studies, and polished visual interfaces.
- Conduct research and provide data-driven decisions
- Manages personal duties and areas of responsibility daily with periodic assistance and direction from others.
- Can function independently with minimal oversight and direction.
- Assignments range from focused to broad in nature and scope.
- May play a significant role in marketing, customer outreach, correspondence, training, and culture-building activities.
- Fluency in best practices for responsive web design and mobile user interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of information architecture.
- Careful attention to details, pixel perfection, and visual form.
- Working knowledge of interactive or motion design.
- Experience working with engineers.
- Understanding the technical development process, or the ability to code is a plus.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping tools, such as Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator, Adobe XD, and Figma.
- Knowledge of analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, A/B testing tool, and Heat map tool.
- Fluent in English and Japanese, both verbal and written are a MUST.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Senior thought leadership around industry trends.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-confidence, energy, and an eagerness to learn.
- Present ideas, expectations, and information in a concise and well-organized way.
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge preconceived notions around UI/UX.
- Demonstrates passion and excitement for the opportunity to solve some of the industry’s biggest user problems that exist beyond the pixels on a screen.
At WeWork, we’re constantly reimagining how space, technology, and community can help everyone—from freelancers to Fortune 500s—get more out of their workday. Our technology team paves the way for our vision to become a reality by finding new ways of enhancing, optimizing, and innovating the work we do.
English: fluent Japanese: fluent