Arene is a modern software platform that supports the creation, deployment and continuous improvement of software-defined vehicles. Arene consists of tooling, vehicle software, and a data platform to enable rapid development and reuse, while maintaining safety and security.
Arene's data platform provides a secure and scalable cloud location for the data generated during the development of software defined vehicles, which in turn enables data-driven decisions, supports the Toyota Production System, drives customer value, generates revenue, and reduces product time-to-market.
You will report to the Function Lead of Arene SPL Data Team, and the role is Onsite.
Who We Are Looking For
An Analyst that is passionate about understanding and solving business problems with data, evangelizing the use of data and building a data-driven culture across Arene and Woven Planet. Successful candidates establish relationships with business partners, dives deep to understand business problems, designs metrics to track performance, analyzes data from all angles and designs reports with UX in mind.
- Partner with engineering and product teams to review, develop and implement metrics and automated reporting that will optimize business operations
- Own the development and maintenance of artifacts such as requirements, metric definitions, reporting dashboards and the data catalog
- Conduct complex queries and analyses and support business partners in diagnosing and resolving issues
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to set up data pipelines to retrieve, aggregate and model data from multiple sources
- Build and maintain a community of data enthusiasts and help drive the data-driven culture within Woven Planet by designing usable data models and building training programs
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role
- Experience with SQL and relational modeling
- Experience with a programming language for data processing like Python, R, Julia, etc.
- Experience using data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) for effective data presentation in multiple platforms (web, mobile, etc.)
- Experience conducting deep dive analyses of business problems; identifying root cause of business trends, formulating conclusions and recommendations
Nice to Haves
- Ability to explain financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Experience designing and building business forecasting models
- Experience designing and building machine learning models
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
- Experience with streaming analytics and real-time metrics
- Existing data visualization portfolio
- Experience with frontend data visualization (frameworks like Chart.js, D3.js, etc.)
If you are located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
About the Company
Woven by Toyota is the mobility technology subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. Our mission is to deliver safe, intelligent, human-centered mobility for all. Through our Arene mobility software platform, safety-first automated driving technology and Toyota Woven City — our test course for advanced mobility — we’re bringing greater freedom, safety and happiness to people and society.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. We leverage these complementary strengths to amplify the capabilities of drivers, foster happiness, and elevate well-being.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary - Based on experience
- Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
- Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
- Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
- Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by our company
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
- We pledge that any information we receive from you will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.